Wednesday 22 September 2010

Motivation for studying

Why am I studying? is a question each of individual needs to ask of self. Am I studying because my parents or family demand it of me? Am I studying because the society demands that every one gets at least a basic education? Am I studying because my friends are studying? These reasons make it hard to learn because one feels one is being made to learn. This makes learning an imposition on time when you would rather be doing something else.

Am I studying because I wish to learn? Am I studying because I want to do well and succeed in my exams or job? Am I studying because I wish to follow a career and make something of myself? These are all good motivators for learning. Also if it is something you wishe to do then the process of learning can be fun and enjoyable instead of a chore to be accomplished.

The time to study is very much dependent on the subjects and the timetable you draw up for yourself. Over the years you should have learned which is the best time for you to study. Some people can study well early in the morning, while others find it had to wake up early but are bright and rearing to go in the evening and late into the night. It also depends on the environment you live in. Meal times during study also have to be strictly adhered to. It is not good to skip meals or eat snacks all the time for the body requires good nutrition, not only because it is growing (for children) and needs the nutrients but also the brain requires energy for all the studying you are doing. Also if you are hungry or thirsty you will be distracted and find it difficult to motivate yourself to study.

Sleep and rest are just as important to effective studying. For if you are physically or mentally tired you cannot concentrate on your study. If you are tired it is better to take a short nap and refresh yourself, otherwise you waste a lot of valuable time pretending to study. When you are tired and cannot remember or understand what you are studying, you may feel disheartened that your efforts are not appearing to be worthwhile. Most of the time people find sleep is never far at the end of the day, but when there is pressure of tests or examinations it can be harder to sleep. Try doing something relaxing like taking a bath, reading a storybook or watching TV or listening to music to relax you.

You can go to Mriga Online Academic Support website to get practical feedback to help you develop your assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment